Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Our latest excitement

These are some puppies we have been looking at. They are genuine ASD Australian Labradoodles from His Acre Labradoodles. Aren't they adorable?
So, we have been looking into dogs. Brian wants a fierce hunting dog, and I want a great NON SHEDDING family dog. While a poodle is the obvious choice to completely and totally satisfy both of these requirements, I just can't figure out why he has a problem with them! Seriously, what can beat up a poodle?

He loves labs but, no offense to lab owners everywhere, they are usually dumb as oxes, are riddled with expensive health problems, and are way too active. I knew a lab puppy that broke a titanium plate in his broken leg at a vet's office I once worked for. TITANIUM!!!!!!!!! (Not an excessive use of the exclamation point.) Though I love my husband, I don't know if the strength of my love could withstand a lab.

Then the perfect marriage. A labradoodle! Sissy name I grant you, but a dog showing a lot of promise. Then the Rossi family got one, and since I want to be Mel when I grow up, I started looking into them. I was very impressed with what I researched, and I found a breeder that I respected and felt confident about. Her name is Catherine Hardin of His Acre Labradoodles in San Marcos.

To make a long story short, we found a puppy that we loved. Unfortunately for us, she was so good that she was taken to be used for breeding, so we weren't able to have her. She is the brown one I am holding. The little white one is another one we were considering, but we opted to wait for the next litter due in April instead.
I'm getting very excited. They will be ready to go in June so I will definitely keep you posted.
Ok, my top 10 reason's for wanting a labradoodle, and specifically an ASD Australian labradoodle are as follows:
1. They are guaranteed not to shed.
2. They are excellent with children.
3. They come from retrievers as their base (labs and poodles) and ASD Australian labradoodles also have Irish water spaniels infused into their bloodlines.
4. They are happy and active out door, but more calm and docile indoors,
5. They have been bred to be more intuitive, intelligent, and observant.
6. They excel at obedience and training. (A little training and instruction goes a long way.)
7. They breed true (you know basically what you are going to get) and are a young breed, so they don't have all the health problems (no expensive unexpected medical bills down the road).
8. They don't get that big. (The tallest, standard, are about 2 feet at the shoulders.)
9. The ladies who founded them had a purpose and knew what they were doing. (Research Tegan Park and Rutland Manor.)
10. They don't shed! (Can you guess what I like the most?)
Just incase you're interested in who's who in the pictures, the top white puppy is a cute little boy from the litter. He's just for fun. The two brown puppies I am holding are the same puppy, and the second white one is the beautiful girl we were considering. Ok, like I said in my profile, more information than anyone might ever want to know....

6 comments:

  1. The only thing cuter than the puppies is the people holding them! I love you and I love your blog--keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, this may sound like a mother, but I'm being totally objective. You are AWESOME! I love your humor, your intelligence, your knowledge and sense of adventure and pretty much everything about you. Great blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you referenced me in this post! I feel like a rock star. Now for the post on your new puppy! I'm looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck in your dog search! Welcome to the blogging world!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dang it, I'm ready for a new post. How about we race!

    ReplyDelete
  6. okay kel, somehow i missed that you have a blog until i saw your name on LIsa's blog, so i clicked on it, and sure enough! anyway, i love seeing pics of you guys and hearing updates.

    ReplyDelete